Friday, October 31, 2008

8w1d - Peace of Mind

It's only been 9 days since we first saw the baby, but already today we could see how much it's grown in just over a week. The spine was so clearly visible this time, and the baby kept moving around. Moving and twisting around so much, already giving the tech a hard time in getting measurements. I think it might have even waved. ;) Baby has grown from 8mm to 1.4cm (give or take, different machine, different tech). We didn't get to hear the heartbeat, but we got to see that wonderful flicker again. She mapped it on the ultrasound at 168 bpm.


Hopefully this will help ease my mind until we have our next appointment. Somehow having little to no symptoms is really messing with my mind. I should just be glad that I feel as good as I do and hope it lasts for as long as possible.

And now for the weekly update: Week 8: Raspberry
Your baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad everything looked good today. My sickness symptoms didn't start till around 8-9 weeks. So hopefully you're just going to feel great during your pregnancy, but you're not out of the woods yet! Trust me puking and nausea sucks..lol

Little Wonders said...

I can totally relate to the fact that having no symptoms is messing with your head. I already feel that way, and I'm only in the 2ww! Like it's impossible to be pregnant without puking all the long ;) So glad to hear everything is going well!

Karyn said...

so exciting!!!
i don't think i had symptoms until around 8-9 weeks either, but i'll cross my fingers that you never get any. :)

Chris said...

Congrats! Seeing the spine was the coolest.

I never had any sickness - morning or otherwise. It's a little unsettling but I figure I paid my dues in other ways :-)

Anonymous said...

congrats on your pregnancy! How exciting! I love your blog--I just found it and I've been immersed in it!

Maria (MKC101103) said...

This is such an exciting stage of pregnancy when every u/s you get to see so much growth. Yeah for a great strong hb!!!

Meinsideout said...

So beautiful - I am so happy for you.