Thursday, April 9, 2009

31w0d - Window treatment is DONE!

That wasn't so bad. A couple of weekends worth of time spent and we have a pretty decent looking Roman Shade for baby's room. Not bad for our first attempt, huh? We used a heavy outdoor canvasy material that had our bedding colors (almost perfect!) in it and then a white flannel type of thermal lining for the shade. These are a few pictures taken early this morning. While it isn't room darkening, it really blocks out a lot of light and there is never direct sunlight coming in as it's a northern exposure window.




Here's another little project that we worked on. I may have mentioned this a while ago when we were working on the wall letters. This is a replica of a wall plaque that my aunt had made for me for my baptism. It's a verse that I have had memorized for years and years. I thought it would be appropriate to recreate it for my own daughter's room.



I know it's hard to read, so here is the text:

A daughter's a blessing from heaven above
First sent as a precious small bundle of love...

A blessing that grows in both sweetness and size
Through years that so soon are a memory to prize...

A blessing of happiness when she is grown
And proving her worth in a life of her own...

A blessing that always can brighten the day
Regardless of whether she's close or away!

As a baby, a tot, a teenager, a wife,
A daughter's a dear - She's a BLESSING FOR LIFE!


This was week 4 of 6 in our child birth classes. We went on a tour of the hospital and got a good feel for where everything happens. Hopefully we won't have any false alarm trips before the big day!

As for me, no appointments this week or next. I've been sleeping pretty well again lately. Being awake for 2 hours after getting up to go to the bathroom seems to have stopped...at least for now. Sometimes breathing becomes a challenge as baby is definitely using all the room she has in there. For the most part I'm still pretty comfortable, but every now and then she gets into a position that nearly takes my breath away. Unfortunately, both driving and riding in the car is getting less and less comfortable. Not to mention when we are out running a bunch of errands and I have to get in and out of the car multiple times. Oh well, still not complaining, just giving some facts!

Next weekend is my shower. A shower? For me? Wow! I'm really excited and so thankful for my friends that are hosting it. I can't wait to see everyone. We're having it at our house, but unfortunately the nursery furniture still hasn't come in, so we don't have a cute finished room to show off. Oh well, what can you do?

1 comment:

Grandma Honey said...

Darling window treatment. Also, anxious to hear about the shower!